Saturday, October 16, 2010

Not much progress, but cat hatches rock

Today I'd hoped to post pictures of our finished bathroom, but NO.  Why is it that at the beginning of a remodeling project contractors are practically giddy about tearing the house apart, but at the end, they can't seem to find time to put it all back together?  There must be some kind of natural law about that.

And so, I am here today to report that our house still looks like this.  (Note that the photo below looks  a lot like the photo at the bottom of this post from September 21st, except now our house is even dustier.  We haven't cleaned the house in three weeks.  What's the point?)

The good news is that Lindy's old room looks like this (although you can't see all the junk from the bathroom that's still piled up on the west side of the room):

But the bathroom looks like this (a big improvement, I'm sure you'll agree, and having the toilet finally re-installed is BIG, but the tub grouting, final coat of varnish for the door and floors, and a bunch of other little things still need to be done):

Sigh.  I just want to be able to get up in the morning and walk around the house in my robe without running into a guy I've never met before.  Is that so wrong?

In more interesting news, I looked out the window this morning and noticed our friendly neighborhood cat hatching a rock!

Maybe when it's born, it'll be a cat made of stone.

P.S.  Check out Saussie.com  if you haven't visited a few days.

1 comment:

  1. I want a rock hatched by a cat!

    Along those lines, a friend of mine back in salt lake just adopted a 6 week old calico kitten- it is the CUTEST THING EVER! If your neighborhood cat could hatch anything near as cute, stone or not, I probably wouldn't be able to resist hugging and squeezing it!

    And sorry about your bathroom :-(

    ReplyDelete