Friday, June 29, 2012

New life for love seat

You remember the love seat I had in my office, right?  The one that is 17 years old and was in the living room for a long time and then it "retired" to my office when we replaced the living room furniture?  The one that the cats ripped the lining off of, such that it made a most excellent hiding place whenever dogs came to visit?

We reupholstered it.  Here it is in its reupholstered glory. 


The fabric turned out to be a little more gold than I'd hoped (when I picked it out, I could have sworn it was mainly burgundy), but the worksmanship is terrific, so the fabric will do.  Gus has not exactly fallen in love with the "new" love seat so far, but I am hoping it will grow on him soon, because last week we got rid of the office chair I bequeathed to him.

Side note:  Bob put Gus's office chair out on the street because it is "neighborhood pick up" season in Salt Lake City.  Someone must have snatched it within hours because it was gone before I even realized Bob put it out there.  I am not sure why any human would find an ancient, totally shredded office chair covered in black cat hair to be of value, but apparently they did.  Utah is a very interesting place to live.  And thrifty, too.

2 comments:

  1. We happen to be one of those "thrifty" couples up here in Seattle. We got our vacuum cleaner off a corner one day, and still use it to this day (5 years later). We also found a ginormous cat scratch post on the street too. And since that scratching post has seen a lot of love over the past few years, we simply staple on more carpet when it looks likes its on its last legs. Being thrifty is fun!
    Good form on upholstering. Bets and I want to learn how to do that to a complicated thing such as your love seat one day, but for now we're sticking to dining chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! We can put ANYTHING out in our front yard and it will be gone within the hour. I guess that's one of the bennies of being on a busy(ish) street? Someone took our old, busted water heater and broken shower door. Hey, whatever works!

    ReplyDelete