I've had my eye on a Pet Samaritan cat for a couple of weeks. Kayla met him (at PetSmart) while she was here, and we agreed that he would make a fantastic addition to our family. He was a Humane Society rescue, and he's HUGE, black, furry and lovable. He does look a lot like Oscar, but he's much bigger (I'm guessing ~18 lbs), younger (4 yrs) and more active. Well guess what? We brought him home last night!
Say hello to Mister Fuzzy man!
Regal profile
Fetching front pose
Action sequence
He's pretty trusting, given that he just met us hours ago
The naming contest will now begin! His Humane Society name is Fritz, but we don't think that suits him.
Suggestions, please?
A very handsome cat there.....
ReplyDeleteAustin suggests "Fluffy"; Olivia suggests "Oreo"; Madison suggests "Whiskers"; Jordan suggests "Teddy"; Holly suggests "Charlie" or "Tux" or "Dax"; Narith suggests "Sylvester"; and Shadow suggests "Funky". Good luck!
Georgie suggests "Beans!", Clarence suggests "Sir Lancelot", Butters suggests "Winchesterton", Oly suggests "Rick 2", Duncan suggests "Reinheitsgebot!" and Bets suggests "Armageddon Jr Esquire XIV" Pretty good choices if you ask me.
ReplyDeleteHe is beautiful! (and I think he does look like Oscar, but that is a very good thing). I would suggest Xedo (like the last part of tuxedo- kinda like how some alexanders go by xander...). Or Penguin (as in penguin suit).
ReplyDeleteKitty! Can't wait to meet that beautiful beast. While I do love Duncan's suggestion on my behalf- Armageddon is a great name- but he totally just made that up.
ReplyDeleteI just noticed along the side that you recently read the Guernsey Literary Society... and so on, so I'd suggest "Dawsey" - I mean, who doesn't love Dawsey Adams? Or if you wanted to go the tux route, you could go with Markham Reynolds. Then you could call him Mark for short! Who doesn't love an animal named Mark?
My boss, just popped her head over and said he looks like a Whirling Dervish!
Inverse Yeti, The Great Catsby (not my creation but I like it regardless), Meowbacca, Tapshoes, Enki (Sumerian lord of water and wisdom because he looks smart to me)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the fabulous suggestions everyone! Bob and I will review the entries and announce his name this weekend.
ReplyDeleteIn terms of personality, so far, so good. This humongous, fuzzy cat is totally lovable.
Duncan-- Rick 2? Really? Mark, however, I love, because who doesn't love a cat with a totally common human name? I know I do...Along that same line, I'd like to throw out some old timey guy names that I would consider if I ever got another pet (NOT GONNA HAPPEN ANYTIME SOON!): George, Harold, Winston, Stuart ("Stewie!"), Harvey, Henry, Charles ("Charlie"), Truman and Stanley. Or you could always do a Twilight tribute and go with Jacob or Edward. I think you should think of a character in a book you both love and name him after that character.
ReplyDeleteOly suggested that because he only knows a few names, and Rick is his favorite name of them all. Duh.
ReplyDeleteSo inquiring minds want to know- what did you select for his name???
ReplyDelete