Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas to all!

I wanted it to be documented that we did finally decorate our tree, which was ornament-less until about 4:00 today--Christmas day. We had a busy day-before-Christmas and decided it was more important to put together a fabulous meal and then get to bed at a reasonable hour than it was to decorate the tree. We opened presents this morning with a bare tree, but here's proof that we finally got it done:

As part of our Christmas eve feast this year Lindy and I made an asparagus appetizer with mint dressing, wrapped with proscuito. It was okay, but I thought its beauty exceeded its deliciousness, hence the photo below:


Chris on the other hand made an incredible jalapeno pepper appetizer that was both gorgeous and delicious--jalapenos filled with cheese, bacon and chicken:

Lindy prepared a baked brie with the image of a cat (with whiskers!) on the top, but that photo didn't come out, dang it. All of this plus flying steak (as Dunc calls it) made for a fabulous meal...and having Lindy and Chris here to share it was the best thing of all. Nothing beats family, and family feasts are grand.
Duncan and Besty will be here tomorrow, and Christopher arrives tomorrow evening, and then Holly, Narith, Jordon and Olivia should be here this weekend. We miss you, Logan and Jody. Hooray for the holidays!

3 comments:

  1. Those look like some good foods! I wish we could have celebrated with y'all. Say hi to everyone for us, kay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, thanks for all of the food credits. I like how it seems as if I "made" the brie! We're sad to be home but MAN did we miss the little furry children! (Rick, Phyl and Jess). Good news: the houses across the street and one down didn't sell while we were out of town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm dang jealous of the food. Next year I will hopefully participate and enjoy Xmas eve dinner!

    ReplyDelete