The good news is that once again, it wasn't rejected, which means that I am am not yet among the 96% of authors whose research is rejected from this journal each year. The bad news is that the revisions that are being requested are, once again, pretty substantial. So, for the next couple of days I am going to try to decide whether I want to pour another four months into this research project, with the possibility that it still will not be published. My other alternative is to send it to a less prestigious journal--which also could reject the paper. It sure would be cool to have this research published in AMJ, but geeze, the expectations seem to be incredibly high.
In bathroom news, we are making significant progress! The door to the closet in Lindy's room has been closed and plastered over on the outside and inside the new closet.
The light switch has been moved from the hallway outside the bathroom to INSIDE the bathroom! What a concept!
Tomorrow, we are headed over to Chris and Devon's to dig up and transfer plants into their front yard. Fun! The weather has been gorgeous here--a perfect time to do spring planting.
I'll miss hiding things in the laundry chute. Examples: one broken yard stick (I was REALLY upset about what you'd do once you found out I'd broken it.), one broken tape measure (I guess I had a complex about broken measuring tools?), and three or four "guys" (namely a rapper version of Michelangelo from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (kept in there as part of a time capsule? Dunno)). Anywho, I'm glad to see it's getting a revamp!
ReplyDeleteAnd how likely is it that you'll resubmit? This is quite an honor getting a second (and third) chance, right?
That bathroom is looking real snazzy! I like the green you and Bob chose, I also like the second one down but that might be the photo and my computer screen rather than the actual color :-)
ReplyDeleteAnd research papers sound tough! I'd have given up long ago but now that you have put so much work into it, it would be sad not to see it published! Of course, 4 months of more work doesn't sound fun either! What crappy choices!
And Happy planting at Chris and Devon's!
That's pretty cool about the revise and resubmit - yeay Mom!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Jody - green is an excellent bathroom color, and my runner up is the second one down.
Rrrrrr! I wonder if they have any idea how much time and energy goes into the revise and resubmit process. That's a bummer, but that's still awesome that it wasn't denied. I'm sure every other journal would accept it...but I understand the desire to make it into #1--especially with all of the work you've invested in it! (sigh)
ReplyDeleteBathroom looks great, and I agree with the bottom green color.
I vote go big on the R&R #2! But that's also from someone who has no idea what it is like to revise a massive piece of research.
ReplyDeleteI really like the bottom green, it actually reminds me of one of my favorite paint colors, Castle Path or something like that.
Also, why are bathroom light switches so often on the outside? So kids can perpetually play tricks on their siblings while they are on the toilet?