Friday, February 27, 2009

No diabetes!

Well, the vet's verdict was that Tuffy was FREAKED OUT, not diabetic. Woo hoo! I brought him home today, he seems totally unfreaked out now. But then again, he hasn't met the other cats yet; we thought it'd be best to take things one step at a time.

In the hour he's been home, Tuffy has settled into Lindy's bedroom nicely. I made this little movie so you can see his pantalooms, fuzzy face, and bare naked little body. We're hoping his hair will grow in eventually. We're accepting cat name suggestions; apparently "Tuffy" is the name the shelter people gave him when he arrived, so I doubt that a new name will bother him.

To top off this joyous day, Chris and Kathi are coming over tonight to cook dinner for us! Boy, healthy cats, other people cooking, and I bought a package of Cadbury Mini Eggs when I stopped to get a new litter pan for Tuffy. I'm telling you, life doesn't get much better than this.

4 comments:

  1. "Tuffy seems very sweet. I'm glad to hear that he is healthy and settling in nicely. Who wouldn't love Lindy's old room?

    As I scrolled down your blog I noticed the entry about carrots...too bad I didn't read it earlier or I would have suggested my carrot souffle that I made over Christmas. Do you still have the recipe?

    Take care...Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! He's so damn cute I can hardly stand it. I think we need another cat, too! That's silly that they left all of his legs fluffy. We shave Tater (the clinic cat) a lot and he gets these awesome little booties (like 80's leg warmers--"he's a maniac, maaaniac on the floor, and he's dancin' like he's never danced before!). Next time you shave him, let Edna do it here (:

    I hope all of the cats are accepting of the Tuffster. I definitely know how hard it can be for cats to adjust. But males are less territorial and "bitchy" from what I've heard, so you may have an easy transition.

    I'm so excited for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jody and I just cheered up a storm for you and Tuffy! I think shaven cats are very cute - it looks like he's wearing cargo pants. Jody and I just brainstormed some names: cargo-pants, hammer-pants, Buster Keaton (he's black and white), Emperor Penguin, Thundercloud, Toasty Marshmallow, whoops laptop battery is about to die - we'll brainstorm more later? Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete