
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Queen for a day
Yesterday my colleagues voted in favor of my promotion to associate professor. We don't have a tenure system at our college, but if you meet the time requirements for promotion, you apply, put together a big old thick dossier filled with stuff that shows why you are worthy of promotion, and all of your colleagues who are already associate or full professors have a long discussion of your worthiness. Then they vote. You don't get officially notified until the dean, provost, president and board of trustees all approve, but yesterday a bunch of people stopped by my office to give me a thumbs up, which I took to be a positive sign. Also, two people broke the code and actually told me I'd passed. I totally feel like queen for a day.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeay, congratulations Momly!!
ReplyDeleteAnd you are "retiring" in a few years? Congrats, you little go-getter!!!
ReplyDeleteYAAAAY MOMMY! That's awesome. You're an inspiration to us all (:
ReplyDeleteYou're not just a Queen for a Day, you're mine every day!
ReplyDelete