On 12-12 we celebrate all that is fantastic about
Bob: amazing cook, loving parent, meticulous gardener, wonderful cat owner, helpful neighbor, hard working consultant, giving friend, excellent listener (an important skill for him to have these days) and of course, all-around best husband ever.

It was
Bob's idea to bequeath our aging but faithful Protege to Dunc--who is carless after the passing of Joaquin--and buy a new-old car for me to drive to and from school. We are now the proud owners of a 2007 Corolla (which, by the way, has about the same mileage as the 1998 Protege). I think it's cool that Bob and I now have matching his-and-hers red Toyotas. I'll take a better photo when it's not so dang cold outside. (It was 12 degrees earlier this morning.)

Yesterday we had the Protege detailed, and it totally smells like a new car. Come and get it, Dunc and Betsy!
Plans for the day: mail Christmas packages, upload my students' feedback on their papers, build a big fire in the fireplace, and prepare for the winter storm that is scheduled to arrive at 1:00 today. And tonight I shall make a special candlelight dinner for Bob: prime rib with Bernaise sauce, asparagus, and new potatoes. I swear, life is grand!
Happy birthday to my wonderful husband!
WBBBE - WLYSMFEAE!
ReplyDeleteM! YWTBBAB!
ReplyDelete(Mom! You write the best blog about Bob!)
I just thought I'd play along with the acronym thing.
Anywho, hooray Bob! Happy bday from all of us in the less-chilly-than-crazy-chilly-Utah Pacific Northwest!
Happy Birthday to a great Bob! Sounds like it's going to be great!
ReplyDeleteHappy b-day, BOB! (we'll call later...we need to go buy a fake tree with matching ornaments, so people who see our house know we're festive, yet refine. BLECK!)
ReplyDeleteYAY Corollas! You know Logan and I both have Corollas, too? Mine's an '04 and Logans is mid 80's I think (: Best cars, ever. Congrats to Dunkie on the NEW CAR!
I want a snow storm! It's cold and blah down here. Snow would make it much more exciting!