Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cats and rodents

Yesterday I was in the back yard and had this eerie feeling that I was being watched. I glanced around the yard and discovered this mysterious young cat sitting on our fence, presumably waiting for the squirrels to visit their lunch box.  Look at the eyes on this cat!


And then, as I was admiring Bob's handiwork on the garden, I noticed this teeny weeny little mouse happily munching on the freshly cut-down plants. Is he cute, or what?  (The cat was oblivious to the mouse.  She had her heart set on bigger game, apparently.)


Yeah, we pretty much have a nature preserve in our back yard.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, cute widdle mouse! Rick discovered a nasty possum on our fence this morning. When Rick ran up to him, he just slithered with his gross rat-tail down out of Rick's sight, but I could still see his eyes glowing as he stared at me. Eeeeeeew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a nature preserve in my backyard! I just don't like it when they decide to expand into our house! :-) What a cute little mouse, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, Jody--I forgot about your scary in-house mouse experience. I don't know why our mice stay outside. Maybe there's just better food out there.

    ReplyDelete