One of my favorite students was just diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a bone marrow cancer that usually attacks men 60 and older. Some of you know him: Brandon Plewe. He was in Lindy's class and he married Katie Crockett--who I think went to school with you, Dunc. Brandon and Katie were just married last year, and he has two classes to go before he finishes his MBA.
I am just devastated that this vibrant, kind-hearted, talented young man has to deal with this when he has his whole life ahead of him. He will begin chemo this week. Katie has set up a Web site to keep friends and family informed: http://www.brandonplewe.com/.
Bob and I have a friend who is recovering from removal of a brain tumor, and he said the support, kindness and messages sent to him while he was sick made a huge difference in his recovery and outlook on life....so go to his Web site and send Brandon and his family your best thoughts. If anyone deserves to recover from this cancer, it's Brandon.
I heard about him a few days ago too. I didn't know he was your student as well, Momlette. It's just so saddening to hear of this news, but as long as he has good people around him, he can push through it.
ReplyDeleteBrandon's a good guy. Talk about the miracle of technology: yesterday when I checked there were 480 people who joined his cause on Facebook! Over a hundred people have "signed up" to fast and pray for him on certain days (I did!). So cool. I hope he is seeing how many people love and support him because I agree; when you know you're going through something with the support of TONS of people it must be easier.
ReplyDelete