Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Not MORE flowers

I realize photos of flowers get a little old after a while, but I'm trying to get everything wrapped up by graduation (after which I will be a free woman for the summer), and Bob and I have done absolutely nothing fun since we returned from Brazil. There's not much to write about. On the other hand, our yard looks fabulous right now, so here goes.

Lindy, I thought you would like to see the cat-bird-house you gave us in all its glory, right next the gorgeous hanging plant. No birds have taken up residence in there yet, but I'm certain it's just a matter of time.

This is my favorite corner of the yard at this time of year. That pink stuff is soapwort, and it's crawling all over the rocks. Just beautiful!

I meant to post this photo last week--the mother's day flowers Lindy sent. They lasted until yesterday, and the colors are incredible.

And finally, in Oscar news, he had a breakthrough today. Ever since we brought him home from the kittie shelter, he's been nervous about being in our bedroom, mostly because Janie is always on patrol and she swats him (lightly) when he comes in. This is a sad situation, because sometimes he gets lonely, and rather than try to find someone to hang out with him, he just goes in the livingroom and howls.

Today when I was taking a nap, he started to do his howling thing, and then he came into the bedroom, jumped up on the bed, and napped with me, with Janie sleeping on the other side of the bed! Brave Oscar. He's the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment