Monday, November 9, 2009

Mommy to be

Lindy was here this weekend!

We did baby-having preparation stuff, like shopping for strollers (we found a fabulous jogging stroller at REI) and deciding which books to read to baby Kincaid first. I'm not sure, but I think Lindy chose Click Clack Moo, Cows that Type, because it is funny and involves a sneaky duck. (I gave Lindy a bunch of my favorite little-kid books.)

Bobbyanne, Michelle, Andy, Chris, Devon, David and Laura came over for breakfast on Sunday and we had crepes and some other good stuff. Like a dope, I FORGOT to take photos of this event, but it was great to see everyone. (Sidebar: Can you believe Bobbyanne and Dan got married??? How cool is that?)

Thelxi had a shower for Lindy, and they decorated onesies. Lindy drew this cute picture of baby Kincaid and Rick!

And now for a cat update. Oscar enjoyed having Lindy as a roommate. He is still happy and healthy--and blind as a bat, poor little guy.

This photo is called The Circular Cat. It's like a circular argument, only furrier.

Janie is still a princess.

Our front yard was pretty for a couple of days, right before it snowed. Now everything looks like dead sticks. Here's a photo, in memory of the pretty fall we had this year.

1 comment:

  1. Click Clack Moo is pretty dang funny, you have to admit. Those silly ducks, always have something up their sleeves! I told Chris the plot of the story when I got home...so yes, it'll probably be first.

    Rick and I had a talk about how it won't be appropriate to herd the wheels of the new (bad ass) jogging stroller. He's a little confused.

    ReplyDelete