At 10:00 am tomorrow I will be running on a treadmill at the U of U hospital with wires hooked up to me, in an effort to determine why my heart rate is so slow. (It was 48 when they did an EKG during my physical last week.) I'm betting that the reasons are (1) everyone in my family has a slow heart rate, and (2) I've been running almost every day since January. I mean, Lance Armstrong has a resting heart rate of 30! (Bob is going to say, "You are no Lance Armstrong," and he would be right.)
I'm a little nervous about it.
Logan and Jody flew in today, and Logies suggested I carbo-load tonight, and I did! (I think he was kidding, but why pass up an opportunity to have a big ol' healthy plate of leftover spaghetti?)
Full report tomorrow.

My guess is you're heart is just super efficient. That's how I explain my uber red face when finished with cardio activity. My heart is just too strong it pushes all the blood into my head... right?
ReplyDeleteHope the spaghetti helped!!!
I checked my resting heart rate every 2-3 hours after you brought this up on Saturday. It was 90 all weekend. Then Monday morning it went back to 60. What the hell?
ReplyDeleteFor what it's worth, I think taking a stress test would be awesome.
Andy--I think coffee, alcohol, stress, and possibly house-buying increase a resting heart rate, so that might explain your heart rate over the weekend. 60 is more like the Koerner heart rate, though. Mine is usually in the mid-50's.
ReplyDelete