Friday, May 21, 2010

So now I know

Two cardiologist visits, one stress test, two EKGs, one echocardiogram, one week of wearing a heart monitor, and $3,000 later, the mystery is solved. Today my cardiologist explained to me the result of all of my various tests:

"Your heart rate is really slow."
No arrhythmia, no blockages, no heart disease, no hypertension--just occasional extra beats. This is actually the news I was hoping to hear, but after that big build-up, the news was a little anticlimcatic. If I begin to faint, get fatigued, feel dizzy, have chest pain, become short of breath, (etc.), I'm supposed to go in for a follow-up. Otherwise, I guess I wait for another 30 years or so to see if I need a pacemaker.

Cardiologists' conclusion, after looking at $3,000 worth of data on Melissa's heart: "Uh, looks pretty good to us...."

2 comments:

  1. Well that seems like good news! Of course, it was much ado about nothing, since nothing was actually wrong. It just means you have a big, strong heart (both physically and metaphorically) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how much more exciting heart disease can be, but I will take your slow heart rate diagnosis ANY DAY! Healthy heart hooray!

    ReplyDelete