Monday, May 10, 2010

Week in review

I turned in my grades last week so my summer has officially begun! Here's what's been happening around here since then.

Mother's day: Bob and I went to the Paris Bistro, I Skyped with Dunc/Betsy/Lindy/Chris/Riley, talked to Logan and Jody on the phone, cried after reading the Logies/Jody blog posts, and these beautiful flowers/baskets arrived on Saturday. A perfect day! The lillies will be blooming for at least another week, and by that time the bulbs in the basket will be blooming, so thank you again Logan, Jody, Duncan, Betsy, Lindy and Chris!

Bob versus nature: Bob spent the weekend trying to prevent the fitzer in our neighbor's yard from knocking over our fence. The problem is that one of the large fitzer limbs is growing into our fence, but if we cut it off, our neighbors will be able to see into our bedroom window. Solution: Build a sophisticated Rube Goldberg type of chain device that encourages the limb to grow away from the fence. Ingenious.

Bird watching: We now have nine bird/squirrel feeders in our back yard, and I swear birds are flying in from all over the Western U.S. to eat our food. I thought we could attract even MORE birds with this cool bird-nest-helper. It's filled with stuff birds use to build their nests, although so far, it doesn't look like anyone's interested. Nice idea, though, don't you think?

Family photo sorting: We have about 10 boxes of family photos, but the photos in them are organized randomly. So, whenever I need to find something (like the photos I used in those how-parents-love-us posts), I have to go through ALL of the boxes to find what I need. So, I am organizing them chronologically. I figure it will take me approximately 40 hours to get this project done, but at least I've started. Eventually I will scan them so I can give copies to anyone who wants them.

Flower admiration: Mid-May is the very best time of the year for our yard, but I didn't get out there quite early enough to get the best photos. These will have to do. A couple were taken yesterday, when it was beautiful, and the others were taken this morning, when it was raining.

Oscar: He is impossible to take a picture of, because if he hears me, he immediately walks in my direction. I wanted you to see how wonderfully his hair has grown in so I'm posting this photo even though it isn't that great. Oscar is so beautiful!

And now, I think I will go for a run!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the tulips recovered nicely from the snow!

    And man, what a busy week! Looks like you didn't get any kind of break after grading!

    Oh, and Happy Mother's Day Again!

    ReplyDelete