Realistic-looking lion
When we got up this morning we noticed it was pouring rain, but did that stop us? It did not.
We gathered our rain gear, hopped in the car and headed for the zoo. There were a surprising number of fellow zoo-goers walking around with plastic bags over their clothing--but it wasn't crowded at all. The other nice thing about going to the zoo in the rain is that it was cool and a lot of animals were out playing around, rather than sleeping.
Super cute baby elephant
The zoo has refurbished the tiger exhibits and they are truly beautiful. In fact, the zoo has refurbished just about every exhibit we saw, including the elephants and great apes.
Peacocks were wandering all over the place (cleaning up) and they didn't seem to be afraid of the humans at all.
Special chicken just for Lindy
Kayla got a snow globe! And a new necklace (see below for super close-up)!
Bob and Kayla went swimming whilst I worked on my "designing teams" syllabus.
Tomorrow afternoon we head down to Cedar City to see The Music Man. Boy, am I excited about that!
That zoo looks way (WAY) better than it did when I was a kid. Do they still offer the hot wax molds of animals? And is the hippo house as loud and stinky as ever? The elephant and cat houses look fantastic, though!
ReplyDeleteLove the pics! Looks like you are having a blast!! We miss you Kayla but know you are having fun and great times with Papa and Melissa! Keep posting the pics!!
ReplyDeleteMom and Dad
Oh man I wish Riley was awake to see this post! She knows the sounds of almost all of those animals. Thanks for the chicken ;0) I won't tell RC about the lion ("roaaaaaaar!").
ReplyDelete