Thursday, July 7, 2011

A grand (but sad) farewell, and a finished office

We had a good-bye party last night for our friend Mike Glauser, who is leaving Westminster for a job at Utah State. He's been a good friend and colleague, and I hate to see him go, but this is a great opportunity for him.  Mike started the entrepreneurship center at Westminster, and students, faculty and members of his advisory board--about 30 people--came to wish him well.

I shall now recount the festivities, starting with a picture of the glasses, just because I thought they looked pretty all lined up on the counter.  We had a champagne/ginger ale toast, hence the two different types of glasses.


And now for the desserts!  I'll let you guess which of them Bob made, and which came from the Red Butte Cafe.  (Hint:  Bob made three of them.)


We all ate heartily.  Shahab was here, and he gave me an update on LahDan (not sure how she spells her name, but Dunc, you know who I mean).  She's in medical school at the U!


That's Mike in the light blue shirt.


The best reason to have a party is that it forces you to clean your house, and we did!  All day!  Even more important, though, is that I finally finished cleaning my office.  Check out the lovliness of my newly refurbished nest: 


Bonus photo of Kibbie!  Please pretend you can't see the litter pan tucked behind the sofa, or the tree I pruned too severely a few days ago.  (Both trees in my office are basically in rehab due to my poor surgical technique.)


And I leave you with a picture of little Kibbie, who has bounced back remarkably, even though she is a mere shadow of her former self.  Go Kibbie!


And now, I will take the run I've been planning since I woke up this morning.

3 comments:

  1. Those desserts look scrumptious! And your house would be the best house ever to entertain in! I bet everyone was so jealous of your yard, your pretty serving glasses, and your new office! I bet Kibbie especially likes your new office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God, you have a carpet! I don't think I've ever seen your office like that. Do you intend to keep it that way forever? ;-) Is Mike Glauser Jay Glauser's dad? Jay was a year behind me at HHS and was in a band. Also, I want those desserts. All of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lin--yes, Jay is Mike's son. I thought you guys knew one or two of the Glausers; they have five sons! The oldest is Logan's age.

    ReplyDelete